Hong Kong, (24 October 2022) – The South China Morning Post proudly presents the inaugural Hong Kong Asean Summit 2022 with the overarching theme of How can Hong Kong build stronger ties with mainland China and Asean in the new normal?.
Supported by the Hong Kong – ASEAN Foundation and Our Hong Kong Foundation as Presenting Sponsors and InvestHK as Silver sponsor, the Hong Kong Asean Summit brings together business leaders, policymakers and entrepreneurs from Hong Kong, China and the regional community to discuss and debate what the immediate future holds for Hong Kong while considering the city’s long-term position within the Greater Bay Area, China and Asean.
Taking place at the Conrad Hotel in hybrid format on 3 November, 2022, the Hong Kong – Asean Summit counts amongst its stellar lineup of speakers: the Hon John KC Lee, Chief Executive of HKSAR, who will be delivering the keynote address at the opening ceremony.
Our esteemed speakers include:
- The Hon. John KC Lee, GBM, SBS, PDSM, PMSM, The Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- The Hon. Bernard Charnwut Chan, GBM, GBS, JP, Hong Kong Deputy to the National People’s Congress of The People’s Republic of China and Previous Convenor of the Non-Official Members, Executive Council
- The Hon. Christopher Hui, GBS, JP, Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, Government of HKSAR
- Francis Ho, Deputy Director-General of Trade and Industry, Government of HKSAR
- The Hon. Ong Ye Kung, Minister for Health, Singapore
- The Hon. Alfredo Pascual, Secretary of Trade, The Philippines
- The Hon. Ambassador Yu Hongjun, former Vice Minister of International Department of the CPC Central Committee, China Forum Expert
- Dr. Pichet Durongkaveroj, former Minister of Digital for Economy and Society in Thailand
- Dr. Daryl Ng, SBS, JP, Chairman. Hong Kong-Asean Foundation
- Dr. Zhou Mi, Senior Research Fellow, Chinese Academy of International Trade & Economic Cooperation, China Forum Expert
- Dr. The Hon. Victor Fung Kwok-king GBM, GBS, Group Chairman, Fung Group
- Dr. Deborah Elms, Founder and Executive Director, Asian Trade Centre and President, Asia Business Trade Association
- Nicolas Aguzin, Chief Executive Officer, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited
- KK Chua, Global Vice Chairman, Mary Kay and Executive Board Member, Singapore Chamber of Commerce (Hong Kong)
- Christine Ip, Chief Executive Officer, Greater China, UOB
- Albert Wong, Chief Executive Officer, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation
- Catherine So, Chief Executive Officer, South China Morning Post
- Tammy Tam, Editor-in-Chief, South China Morning Post
- Denise Tsang, Hong Kong News Editor, South China Morning Post and Professional Journalism Fellow, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Eugene Tang, Business Editor, South China Morning Post
- Andrew Mullen, Deputy Political Economy Editor, South China Morning Post
A full list of the conference’s speakers can be accessed here.
The panels of experts will deliberate on Hong Kong’s future as a super connector with mainland China and Asean, with discussions around what a global financial centre will look like, benefits and challenges of Hong Kong’s accession to RCEP and tapping into Hong Kong’s talent pool for China-Asean. Deep dive topics on the day include:
- How Hong Kong’s status as a global financial centre can help to bridge capital flow and investments between mainland China and Asean.
- Will Hong Kong’s accession to RCEP strengthen trade relations between China and Asean?
- How can Hong Kong attract Chinese and Asean talents and strengthen its unique positioning?
The full agenda can be accessed here.
ABOUT THE SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST
The South China Morning Post is a leading global news company that has reported on China and Asia for more than a century. Founded in 1903, SCMP is headquartered in Hong Kong, where it is the city’s newspaper of record, with a growing correspondent staff across Asia and the United States. SCMP’s vision is to “Elevate Thought” and our mission is to “Lead the global conversation about China”. It is the recipient of hundreds of awards for its journalistic excellence, from such prestigious organisations as the World Association of News Publishers and the Online News Association. A digital-first media organisation, SCMP is also home to Goldthread, a content platform with a focus on food, travel and culture in China, and publishes a portfolio of premium lifestyle and fashion titles in Hong Kong including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire and Harper’s BAZAAR. In 2020, SCMP became the first news organisation in Asia to join the Trust Project, a consortium of top news companies developing global transparency standards for credible journalism.
For further information, please contact: