HONG KONG, 5 March 2021 – The South China Morning Post’s announced today its inaugural Women of Our Time Conference on 8-9 March and its compelling lineup of speakers led by Madam Halimah Yacob, President of the Republic of Singapore, and Ambassador Delia Domingo-Albert, Former Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Asia, Republic of the Philippines.
Themed “Beyond empowerment and equality”, the interactive two-day conference will examine how today’s women in power and tomorrow’s emerging female leaders are sparking new ideas that spur generations of followers and collaborators in building a new world with a more sustainable future.
The conference provides a global platform for thought leaders and puts the spotlight on the myriad achievements of female trailblazers and pioneers in Asia who have been influential in tackling the many challenges posed by an ongoing pandemic and a depressed economy, against a backdrop of ever-changing global diplomacy. Madam Halimah will kick off the conference with perspectives on strategies for building an inclusive society in a COVID-19 era. Ambassador Albert will also share her valuable insights on women in diplomacy.
In addition, the event offers attendees the opportunity to learn from over 30 female leaders who are leading through disruption, confusion, turbulence and conflict, as well as exploring complex and timely issues, from the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on women to building an inclusive society. Attendees can look forward to being inspired by stories of reinvention, benefit from networking opportunities as well as enjoying the insights of leading and emerging women champions and entrepreneurs such as Mohammad Naciri, Regional Director, Asia and the Pacific, UN Women; Joey Wat, Chief Executive Officer, Yum China; Jane Sun, CEO, Trip.com Group; Lucy Liu, Co-founder & President, Airwallex; Tan Hooi Ling, Co-founder, Grab; Shinta Widjaja Kamdani, Chief Executive Officer, Sintesa Group; Ankiti Bose, Co-founder & Chief Executive Officer, Zilingo; Jeanne Lim, Board Member and former CEO of Hanson Robotics; and Christine Ip, CEO – Greater China, UOB.
The conference is part of SCMP’s goal to champion diversity and inclusion. This initiative first took the form of the ‘Women of Our Time’ magazine, launched in 2011, followed by the inaugural Women of Our Time conference in 2014.
To register or learn more about the Women of Our Time Conference, visit our website at https://womenofourtime.scmp.com/home for more details. Media wishing to apply for access passes should please contact Stef Lo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speakers at Women of Our Time Conference:
- Madam Halimah Yacob, President, Republic of Singapore
- Amb. Delia Domingo-Albert, Senior Adviser, SyCip Gorres Velayo & Co. and Former Secretary (Minister) of Foreign Affairs, Asia, Republic of the Philippines
- Mohammad Naciri, Regional Director, Asia and the Pacific, UN Women
- Joey Wat, Chief Executive Officer, Yum China
- Jane Sun, CEO, Trip.com Group
- Tan Hooi Ling, Co-founder, Grab
- Lucy Liu, Co-founder & President, Airwallex
- Shinta Widjaja Kamdani, Chief Executive Officer, Sintesa Group
- Emily Lam-Ho, Founder & CEO, Empact 28; Co-founder & CEO, EcoDrive
- Ankiti Bose, Co-founder & Chief Executive Officer, Zilingo
- Jeanne Lim, Co-founder & CEO, beingAI Limited; Former CEO & CMO, Hanson Robotics
- Christine Ip, CEO – Greater China, UOB
- Gillian Ng, Senior Director, Corporate Governance, Iclif Executive Education Center, Asia School of Business
- Ruth Benny, Founder, Top Schools
- Natalie Chan, Founder, OWN Academy
- Josephine Chow, Co-founder & Head of International Expansion, ShopBack
- Caecilia Chu, Co-Founder & CEO, YouTrip
- Christina Dean, Founder & CEO, The R Collective; Founder, Executive Director & Board Chair, Redress Asia
- Pat Dwyer, Founder & Director, The Purpose Business
- Reese Fernandez-Ruiz, Co-founder, Rags2Riches
- Ee Ling Lim, Co-founder & CEO, Smarter Me
- Raena Lim, Co-founder & COO, Style Theory
- Windy Natriavi, Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer, AwanTunai
- Lennise Ng, CEO & Co-founder, Dropee
- Esther Nguyen, Founder & CEO, POPS Worldwide
- Crystal Pang, Co-founder & Chief Executive Officer, Pickupp
- Vanessa Paranjothy, Co-Founder, Freedom Cups
- Christel Quek, Co-founder & CTO, BOLT
- Michelle Tan, Co-founder & Editor-in-Chief, INFLUASIA
- Suzana Tengku, Co-founder & Chief Editor, Have Halal, Will Travel
- Val Yap, Founder & CEO, PolicyPal
About the South China Morning Post
The South China Morning Post is a leading global news company that has reported on China and Asia for more than a century. Founded in 1903, SCMP is headquartered in Hong Kong, where it is the city’s newspaper of record, with a growing correspondent staff across Asia and the United States. SCMP’s vision is to “Elevate Thought” and our mission is to “Lead the global conversation about China”. Additionally, SCMP publishes a portfolio of premium lifestyle and fashion titles in Hong Kong including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire and, Harper’s BAZAAR. SCMP is also home to Abacus, a digital news brand focused on China’s tech industry; Inkstone, a daily news brief for those curious about China’s growing impact around the world; and Goldthread, a content platform with a focus on food, travel and culture in China. In 2020, SCMP became the first news organisation in Asia to join the Trust Project, a consortium of top news companies developing global transparency standards for credible journalism.
About Women of Our time Conference
The South China Morning Post’s Women of Our Time conference puts the spotlight on the myriad achievements of female trailblazers and pioneers in Asia who have been influential in tackling the many challenges posed by an ongoing pandemic and a depressed economy, against a backdrop of ever-changing global diplomacy. As efforts toward diversity and inclusion become less of a novel concept, and rather an ingrained facet of global business and politics, the conference will look beyond ideas of empowerment and equality to examine how today’s women in power and tomorrow’s emerging female leaders are sparking new ideas that spur generations of followers and collaborators in building a new world for a more sustainable future.
Featuring influential keynote speakers, interviews spotlighting inspiring stories of female industry champions, and panel discussions highlighting how today’s emerging trailblazers are redefining their industries, the conference will magnify how women in Asia have been and will continue to be crucial in piloting substantial change and spawning opportunities for a new generation in the face of mounting challenges and relentless uncertainties.
For media enquiries, please contact: