About the Team:
SCMP’s Editorial digital team optimises and distributes the newsroom’s journalism online, handling platforms from mobile app to social media, and managing tone and quality.
Purpose of the position:
As the senior Hong Kong-based member of the digital social media team, you’ll bring ideas and best practices from your experience to social media distribution and optimisation, guiding and helping the team’s younger members to grow.
In this role, you will:
- Manage SCMP’s digital image, tone and brand on all social networks
- Define and execute a strong social media strategy with defined newsroom deliverables to grow SCMP’s audience and increase engagement across all platforms
- Augment digital team with homepage curation, community engagement and content amplification tasks when required
- Produce bespoke content optimised for each platform, targeted to appeal to and grow each unique audience
- Identify and experiment with emerging platforms to expand audience and grow traffic
- Analyse data and metrics to develop insights for the wider newsroom
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Minimum 5 years of newsroom experience in English and a background in journalism, and familiarity with Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms
- Direct experience with news gathering and distribution on social media a major plus
- Ability to maintain accuracy and break down complex stories in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks
- Knowledge of China and wider Asia news an advantage, as well as knowledge of global affairs
- Excellent written and spoken English required; knowledge of Chinese is a plus
- Experience with digital journalism operations, including publishing systems, CMS and analytics is preferable
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.