- Responsible for accuracy and improvement of copy through editing, rewriting and fact checking
- Amending published copy based on analytics to improve content’s performance
- Writing bespoke copy for a variety of platforms, including SCMP.com, Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin
- Reviewing content, making edits and collaborating with internal teams
- Ensuring written stories have the right angle for the intended audience
- Ensuring all stories have appropriate, relevant and eye-catching visuals
- Ensuring published content meets quality standards and deadlines
- Degree or above in Journalism, Communication, Language or related disciplines.
- At least 7 years relevant experience in real-time online news operation, wire service, newspaper, or newspaper production
- Proactive attitude and top-notch English subbing skills
- Solid news judgment and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Good understanding of Hong Kong, the region, and global geopolitics. Sound editorial judgement and extensive knowledge of news and current events, entertainment, culture, and viral content
- Sophisticated English writing style. Competent flair for engaging copy and generating ideas.
- Ability to craft SEO headlines and social media copy that will boost traffic.
- Organisational skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Can-do attitude and attention to detail. Capable of improvising effortlessly in various types of situations
- Passionate and knowledgeable about digital technologies
- Page layout experience and knowledge of online production systems desirable
- Good command of written and spoken English. Fluency in Chinese and Cantonese desirable
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Interested parties please send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary to the People Department, 19/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or by clicking email@example.com.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.