- Develop and maintain SCMP’s suite of Android apps for mobile and tablet
- Execute and deliver native app product development to align with product specification
- Participate in technical and design discussion with the team to ensure best practices during implementation.
- Work closely with team (app developers, product managers & user interface designers) to conceptualise, build, test and deliver products
- Translate requirements into functional solutions
- Deliver across the app lifecycle including development, testing & deployment, app store release, maintenance, documentation as well as ongoing enhancement and support.
- Ongoing performance optimisation for apps
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Higher Diploma or degree holder in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum with 3 years application development experience; proficient in Android application development; clear understanding in latest Android app development features and experience in resolving compatibility issues on different Android devices is a plus
- Proficient in Java; familiar with multithreaded programming model; understand mechanisms of the Android core, ability to read the source code of Android preferred
- Proficient in high-performance programming and tuning, as well as compatibility with more than one series of popular Android phone models
- Strong sense of responsibility and self motivated team player; can independently complete design and coding
- Familiar with the common development tools: Git SVN
- Contribution in open-source projects preferred
- Strong passion in developing quality mobile applications and strong sense of responsibility and self motivated team player
- Excellent communication skills in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) and English required. Trilingual preferred.
- Candidate with more experience would be considered as Senior Engineer
Working Location: Causeway Bay
Interested parties please send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary to the People Department, 19/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or by clicking firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.