About the Team:
The mission of the Strategy & Data team within the South China Morning Post is to drive growth across the company through strategy development, business analysis, and project management, empowered by SCMP’s cutting-edge data infrastructure.
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Strategy & Data will lead the business analysis and data disciplines, advise our executive team on key company strategies, lead cross-functional initiatives that are priorities for the company, and contribute to the Post’s next phase of transformation. Leading a team composed with Strategists, Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
In this role, you will:
- Co-develop overall company strategy for the Post and co-develop strategies for business lines and functions with senior executives
- Drive priority business analytics across editorial strategy, reader funnels, and revenue opportunities
- Execute on cross-functional projects with strategic importance, being responsible for project management and coordination across business lines, functions and external parties
- Conduct rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis to uncover insights, identify issues, and recommend areas of improvement for different business lines
- Proactively initiate, scope, and execute projects across multiple business units. Work closely across multiple teams to understand business requirements and ensure developed BA solutions and dashboards fit evolving needs
- Responsible for developing and executing on company-wide data strategy and partnering with other department head
- Develop strategy, goals, and execution of data engineering, data science, and data analytics disciplines to align with company objectives
- Present insights and recommendations from analyses to senior management to influence behavioral change in decisions and direction across the company.
- Monitor media and technology news and trends in Hong Kong, China, Asia and the world, and produce relevant intelligence reports for the company
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- 12-15 years of experience in consulting firms, then in the strategy/ business development/ innovation teams within large corporations
- Data fluent, experience with high data volume environments is preferred
- Demonstrated strong track record in developing and delivering reporting and analysis to senior management in a demanding business environment
- Demonstrated superior performance in prior roles with increasing levels of responsibility and independence; demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and drive complex operational and strategic initiatives
- Experienced People Manager
- Native in English with exceptional oral and written communication skills
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.