Purpose of the position:
Goldthread is looking for an experienced social media manager to help to optimize and distribute content across social platforms. Join our team to tell stories about Chinese culture to a global audience.
- Closely working with producers for content creation in view of our target audience group and their information needs and implement strategic plans to enhance the editorial quality and relevance so that our content becomes more engaging to our audience
- Collaborate with producers and videographers to optimize stories for digital audiences
- Collecting data for various social platforms, synthesizing them into regular reports and offering advice on audience growth and content plans backed by analysis
- Monitoring the latest trends and developments across all social media platforms to help the editorial team develop content both proactively and reactively
- Monitoring and responding to social comments to drive traffic and expand social media engagement
- Leading social media campaigns across platforms
- Helping develop user-generated content
- Working closely with Product, Data, and other teams to drive innovation and growth
- At least 2 years of extensive journalistic experience in writing, editing and management positions with a national or regional publication, preferably with a sound knowledge of Chinese culture
- 3+ years of digital communications and social media experience
- Deep understanding of the link between content quality and performance on social media
- In-depth knowledge with online analytical tools and data analysis skills
- Extensive background with social media landscape and operations including Instagram, YouTube, Reddit, TikTok and Weibo
- Knowledgeable and current with social media trends, with extensive and thorough understanding of Chinese culture and latest developments
- Strategic mindset and analytical with proven leadership capability and effective delegation
- Mature with a strong sense of integrity, responsibility and professional judgment
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.