About the Team:
Behind every great product is a great product development team. Ownership, meritocracy and collaboration are at our core. We are not afraid to think differently, embrace new ideas and dream big. We empower ownership and share responsibility. We support each other to achieve and grow. Our goal is simple, it is to create products that delight our customers and readers.
Purpose of the position:
You will play a pivotal role in overseeing the South China Morning Post’s news media product portfolio. As Product Manager, you will be responsible for product planning and execution. This includes managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritising product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering and design, to deliver top ranking products. It also includes working with editorial, advertising sales and audience growth teams to ensure customer satisfaction and revenue goals are met.
In this role, you will:
- Own the product roadmap and create meaningful problem statements
- Serve as the face of the product, and act as the point person to leadership
- Prioritise the activities based upon achieving validated learning as quickly as possible, and maximising customer value without compromising quality and timeliness of delivery
- Define user stories for all new product deliveries and manage the priority of the backlog
- Communicate clearly, nurturing partnerships with stakeholders and collaborate with them to achieve the product vision
- Inspire, coach, and guide your team to ensure the delivery of outcomes to support the customer and business
- Interrogating customer insight and data to identify needs, whilst supporting business priorities
- Utilise your team’s skills to collaboratively discover and iterate solutions that are valuable, usable, feasible and viable
- Participate in the design and development process to ensure products are highly functional and visually compelling
- Measure and clearly communicate your product’s performance and demonstrate how this contributes to the digital and business objectives.
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- At least 5 years of product management experience, with demonstrated wins
- Obsessed with measuring the impact of everything you ship
- Strong business acumen, someone who can lead the thinking on how to develop, monetise and sustain online businesses
- Entrepreneurial mindset, able to make things happen regardless of project ambiguity and dependencies
- Able to demonstrate creativity, problem solving and analytical skills
- Passion for news media
- Good communication skills with excellent command of English
- Strong sense of purpose and integrity, with deep emotional intelligence.
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.