About the Team:
The South China Morning Post seeks a talented Infographic designer to join its award-winning graphics team.
Purpose of the position:
Join the SCMP Infographic Desk to create Infographics, charts, Illustrations and Visual explainers. The position is part of the team responsible for the research and execution of all infographic design and Illustration assets for Digital, Print and Social Media channels of SCMP.
In this role, you will:
- You are able to work with data sets and build a diverse range of graphics, charts, data visualization pieces, and maps
- You can quickly learn how to use in-house interactive tools to create assets and full dynamic graphics
- You are a talented artist able to transform abstract concepts into attractive illustrations
- You can Meet deadlines successfully and you have no problem working under pressure
- You are able to work late shifts and during weekends
- You can do your own research for small projects or breaking news, and collaborate with other artists, editors, reporters, and developers to create data-driven infographics and visual stories.
- You have a portfolio of original content including illustrations, maps, charts or visual explainers.
- You have extensive knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop, and experience with other apps from Adobe Creative suite, After Effects or Premiere are a plus.
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic design, Illustration, or a related discipline
- At least 2 years of experience working in Information design or Editorial Design
- At least 2 years of experience creating Illustrations
- Previous newsroom experience
- Interest in News, global events, research and visual storytelling
- Knowledge of data visualization concepts and tools
- Capacity to work independently and in teams
- Basic knowledge of UX-UI design is a plus
- Open to feedback on work and ideas
Please submit the application with a link for your digital portfolio.
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.