Purpose of the position:
The SCMP is looking for an experienced Correspondent to join the Political Economy team. The position will be based in Hong Kong, Beijing or Shanghai.
- Report to the Political Economy desk’s senior editor.
- Cover breaking news on important Chinese economic events and policy statements.
- Help cover major economic data
- Show creativity in generating unique ideas for stories on the Chinese economy and economic policy
- Pursue enterprise stories on key aspects of the Chinese economy or Chinese economic policies, including mining Chinese economic data for new information.
- Pursue interviews with key officials in the Chinese government (both national and local) and in major international organizations.
- Work closely with other desks in SCMP bureaus in China, Hong Kong, the US and Europe.
- Bachelors’ degree with any major with a minimum of 2 years' experience.
- Keen interest in current economic issues, both in China and internationally.
- Ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks
- Be a team player and able to work well with different parties under deadline pressure
- Possess a versatile mind and excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English, knowledge of Chinese is a plus
Interested parties please send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary to the People Department, 19/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or by clicking firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.