About the team:
Goldthread is a social-first video publication. We make quality original videos about Chinese culture and food in the form of mini documentaries and bite-size content published every week.
Purpose of the position:
This role requires skilled knowledge of video editing and the Adobe CC suite. Applicants should have the necessary skills to bring an edit to a final mastered stage for both visual and audio to required specifications as set by the Director of Video. The applicant should be able to adhere to schedules and deadlines and will work closely with all members of the video team and Director of Video to maintain the workflow and Goldthread quality standards. Knowledge of broadcast specifications is a plus.
In this role, you will:
- Craft stories specific to audiences on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Operate camera equipment for shoots, and have exceptional Premiere Pro skills in video editing.
- Host video segments on-camera and produce off-camera.
- Collaborate with videographers, video editors, illustrators, and animators.
- Directing and coordinating freelancers
- Own the production process from start to end, which includes hiring external crew, managing equipment on the shoot, to the post-production process.
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Degree in media, film making or related disciplines preferred.
- At least 4 years relevant experience.
- Experience editing videos and/or creating motion graphics.
- Video shooting skills.
- Deep understanding of YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and how media on these channels is consumed.
- Experience in enhancing content creation using data and performance metrics.
- Comfortable working in mobile-first, platform-specific storytelling.
- Eager to experiment with new technologies, formats, and platforms to stay ahead of digital storytelling curve.
- Strong interest in food, culture, travel, nuanced/underreported stories and communities.
- Able to work in English. Fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese desirable.
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.