About the Team:
SCMP Magazines owns some of the city’s finest lifestyle media brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Harper’s BAZAAR, Esquire, and ELLE Men. Each of these titles has its own unique strengths and reaches a vast majority of men and women in Hong Kong. This position will be IT Team in managing the web development of our magazines titles.
Purpose of the position:
Work with the IT development team to execute the concepts, and shape the next generation of our platform by improving it and simplifying it. Building new features, and working with different internal parties to bring beauty and ease of use in order to enhance user experience.
In this role, you will:
- Lead team to develop new or maintain existing web projects and systems with high quality code
- Work closely with designers, fellow engineers and product owners in driving business goals and rapidly product iteration using Agile methodologies
- Stay current with industry trends; analyse and use best practices / tools for projects
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Degree holder in computer science or related disciplines with minimum 8 years of web application design and software development
- Solid experience in leading a team and system design using agile methodologies
- Experienced in resolving cross browser compatibility issues including mobile devices
- Good understanding of web performance tuning, web analytics and SEO techniques
- Hands-on experience in using microservice architecture with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in DevOps or CI/CD tools (e.g. Git, Jira) and test automation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical skills; flexible, proactive and ability to work under fast-paced environment
- A good team player, independent, responsible, eager to learn and passionate about exploring new technology
- Proficient in written and spoken in Cantonese and English
Work location will be at Wong Chuk Hang office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.