About the Team:
The Data Team at SCMP is a diverse and high performing group of data specialists covering various functions across engineering, analytics, business analysis and data science. While small, we are at the leading edge of data implementation in the media industry and have won various industry awards for our achievements.
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of this Senior Data Analyst position is to enrich the data sets, build and enhance dashboards and reports, work on Google Analytics tracking and various projects, and provide data analysis for various stakeholders and departments.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver analytics, reporting, and dashboards to cross functional management teams across all of SCMP group's properties
- Collaborate with the data engineers and analysts to shape and drive tactical and strategic development of data infrastructure, dashboards, reporting and analytical applications
- Work closely with the data engineering and development team to build ETL pipelines and data marts for analysis and reporting while also managing data vendors to ensure they are providing quality data
- Perform analysis on multiple reporting metrics and deliver weekly and monthly reporting on various KPIs
- Work closely across multiple teams to understand their information needs, ensure strategy and developed solutions fit evolving needs while also providing ad-hoc operational support
- Own and manage multiple initiatives to develop and automate tracking mechanisms to measure multi-channel performance both regularly and on an ad-hoc basis
- Work on Google Analytics related projects and tasks
- Strong knowledge on various data structures such as (but not limited to) Google Analytics, Email system, DMP, Advertising, CRM, etc
- Present and train stakeholders how to interpret dashboards
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Science or other relevant fields
- At least 3 years analytical experience with high data volume environments, preferably in software, internet, media or telecom industry
- Solid experience in writing complex analytical queries in SQL
- Strong data visualization experience in building / automating dashboards and reports using software such as Tableau and Google Looker Studio
- Demonstrated experience and strong track record in developing and delivering reporting and analysis to senior management in a demanding business environment
- Experience on Cloud
- Superior knowledge in wrangling spreadsheets
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, written, verbal, and presentation in English
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and support complex operational and strategic initiatives
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadline
- Experience in multicultural environment
- Good command of git and / Python
- Experience and good understanding about Google Analytics (UA and/or GA4)
- Knowledge of scheduling workflows on a data orchestrator like Airflow
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.