Purpose of the position:
South China Morning Post (SCMP) is looking for a Chief Editor to be responsible for managing the production of content for the STYLE magazine, digital and social media.
STYLE magazine is the city’s best monthly guide to the world of luxury living globally, and at home. A youthful, sophisticated, tasteful collection of in-depth features and insightful stories for affluent and elite living readers.
STYLE's website is the South China Morning Post's dedicated portal to the world of luxury, the definitive guide to influence and wealth-oriented stories in Asia and around the world building a community of global readers for instant access to the world of modern luxury in Asia.
As the head of the publication, the Chief Editor supervises the publication’s operations and policies, providing guidance and leadership to the editorial team, representing STYLE at all social events and building great professional connections with luxury brands across categories.
Ideal candidates for this role should also possess strong business acumen and inventiveness to elevate our brand and grow the business in the region.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and supervise the day-to-day operation of editorial and content production for STYLE’s print, online and social platforms.
- Have their finger on the pulse of luxury trends, lead the development of content strategies and pillars.
- Lead, plan and manage the editorial calendar, covering the luxury lifestyle market including fashion, beauty, travel, food and wine, art and culture
- Supervise artwork, design and photography for all content products
- Ensure that all content products meet high standards of quality, accuracy, and comply with media law and industry ethical guidelines.
- Build and manage a quality pools of writers and contributors to ensure stable and quality content production
- Budget planning and manage P&L for quality content output
- Raise the profile of STYLE, well represent the publication and the team to build professional connections and brand partnership for native advertising and editorial products online and offline.
- Orchestra the editorial team and collaborate well with functional teams in SCMP Advertising department to explore and identify brand partnership to grow the business
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Degree or above in journalism, languages, communications or related disciplines
- At least 12 years’ experience in a reputable media company, with at least 8 years as an editor
- Experience in luxury and lifestyle journalism, professional knowledge of lifestyle topics, including fashion, watches, jewelleries, art, culture, travel, wine and food.
- Experience in both print and digital content production, good knowledge of SEO, digital and social content consumption journey.
- Exceptional editing, writing, research and communication skills, possess good judgment and attention to details.
- Creative thinker, ability to generate interesting and innovative content concepts
- Strong relationship with a network of freelancers, stylists and industry experts
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, while also able to work independently
- Professional with a strong work ethic. Self-starter with initiative, solutions-oriented and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent English writing skills. Chinese language skills an advantage
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.