- Commit to telling the story of China’s technological ambitions, its biggest companies and the unique culture of the world’s biggest internet population.
- Drive deep and expansive reporting projects, and yet be nimble enough to dive into breaking news when needed.
- Build contacts to maintain a flow of news in the specific area, and attend press conferences and asking questions
- Seek out and investigate stories via different contacts, press releases and other media
- Conduct exclusive interviews with technology analysts and C-suite executives
- Write and research accurate stories on how new technology can change people’s lives and benefit economic development
- Degree holder with minimum 2 to 3 years of reporting experience with major newsrooms
- Good knowledge of the Chinese economy and global technology trends
- Proven track record of producing deeply reported enterprise stories
- Strong team player and can work under stress and meet deadlines on a day-to-day basis
- Professional fluency in written Chinese and spoken Mandarin
- Candidates from Chinese-language media with a working command of English and fresh graduates with exceptional freelance portfolio will be considered
- This position is based in Beijing. Travelling in Mainland is required
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office
Interested parties please send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary to the People Department, 19/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or by clicking email@example.com.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.