About the Team:
Ownership, meritocracy and collaboration are at our core. We are not afraid to think differently, challenge existing ideas, dream innovative ones, and execute them. We empower ownership and share responsibility. We support each other to achieve and grow.
Purpose of the position:
[Technology] We are looking for a full-stack engineer to join the newsroom team, which will be responsible for contributing to the newsroom system transformation, creating innovative publishing and analytical tools for editorial users that replace legacy and third-party software.
[Product] You will work on our world-class consumer-facing digital products as well as state-of-the-art internal products that serve the organization.
We are looking for a web engineer to join our product team, which will be responsible for building and maintaining a world-class digital news product on mobile platforms.. This role will participate in our web app’s architecture design and feature development on an agile scrum team, delivering key features to a global audience to support SCMP’s initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Support the development and implementation of the Post’s digital transformation strategy in iterative releases, using Agile methodologies
- Contribute to architectural, design and process discussions and understand how such contracts fit into a larger, holistic, system setting
- Follow and uphold industry and engineering best practices to ensure technical and operational excellence
- Coordinate tasks with product owners, designers, and fellow engineers.
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- 3 years+ relevant experience as a web engineer
- Experience in working on CI/CD platforms
- Familiarity with Docker and preferably Kubernetes and/or other container orchestration platforms is a plus
- Ability to problem solve through collaboration and asking the right questions to business users
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.