About the team:
The Product & Technology department is composed of Product Managers, Engineers, Designers and User Researchers. Ownership, meritocracy and collaboration are at our core. We are not afraid to think differently, embrace new ideas and dream big. We empower ownership and share responsibility. We support each other to achieve and grow. Our goal is simple, it is to create products that delight our customers and readers.
Purpose of the position:
As a User Researcher, you will undertake mixed-method, user-centred research to validate digital product hypotheses. Reporting to the Lead, User Research, you will work alongside the “Design Centre of Excellence” team in bridging the gap between users and Product organisation (Product Managers and Engineers) to inform priorities and identify opportunities to improve our product experience.
In this role, you will:
- Design and conduct all aspects of qualitative and quantitative user studies, including planning, survey and discussion guide design, user recruiting, execution, analysis, and reporting.
- Inform product strategy, including new product and feature development, and experiments by translating research data into actionable insights.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand problems they may be trying to solve and determine how user research is best able to help.
- Deliver heuristic and usability analysis to drive impact.
- Effectively present findings, recommendations, and customer insights to Design and Product teams, and other key stakeholders.
- Run internal workshops to champion a variety of discovery and testing methodologies, empathy building, and user-centric research principles across the organization.
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- 4+ years of User Research experience, including generative and evaluative research (heuristics, interviews, surveys, desirability studies, usability studies, A/B testing).
- Experience analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data to produce UX insights.
- Hands-on experience working with data, from gathering and analysis through to insight extraction and presentation.
- Understanding of the Product Design process across a variety of platforms (desktop & mobile etc.).
- Obsessed with user behaviors, personas, and needs.
- Able to demonstrate creativity, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to conduct competitor analysis.
- Strong communication skills with excellent command of English.
- Degree in any discipline with strong Design, Product, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Sociology, Psychology, or a related field.
- Passion for news media.
- Service and/or customer experience design experience is an advantage.
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.