About the Team:
SCMP Video is a forward thinking, dynamic department focused on telling visual stories for the digital age. From daily news videos to long form documentaries, we produce fascinating stories about incredible people from across Asia for our global audience.
Purpose of the position:
This Video Producer, Studio role will be working mainly with the studio team to conceptualise and execute studio-based content, such as interviews, explainers and other hosted content. The role also involves producing hosted content in the field. Either working with other on-screen reporters or hosting the piece yourself.
In this role, you will:
- Work with studio team to plan video projects
- Facilitate ideas and concepts from the newsroom and help turn them into video content
- Book guests for interviews on news related topics and feature segments
- Secure guests and produce SCMP's flagship talk show Talking Post
- Coordinate with the studio team to arrange tapings and workflow
- Coach guests and reporters for studio interviews / segments
- Develop new on-screen talent from SCMP’s existing pool of reporters, editors and producers
- Script explainers, how-tos or demo videos for studio video production
- Post-production of studio pre-tapes with the video team
- Run the studio control room for recorded segments, when needed
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- A self-starter who constantly brings ideas for content to the table
- At least 3 years experience in studio production
- Strong background in studio control room operations
- Proven ability to coach on screen talent or guests
- Strong script-writing skills
- Strong editorial judgement in guest / story selection
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience doing on-air and hosted work is preferred but not essential
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.