In this role, you will:
- Daily editing / curating of stories published online to be repurposed for the printed newspaper
- Checking facts, rewriting and improving copy and headlines with meticulous attention to detail
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in news operation, a wire service or a newspaper
- Can-do attitude with top-notch English subbing skills and zero tolerance for errors in grammar, spelling and content
- Solid news judgment and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Able to tell a story visually and well as in words
- Ability to work in a team and turn around copy fast. Patience and people skills to work closely and constructively with reporters for whom English is a second language
- Page layout experience and/or knowledge of web page design
- Familiarity with the China and Hong Kong news, as well as knowledge of global affairs
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.