About the team:
SCMP is dedicated to elevating the conversation around Asia and China. Morning Studio works with our advertisers and brands to help develop branded content for our platform.
This associate content director will focus on developing the content strategy of our clients and partners across the world to grow new business.
Purpose of the position:
South China Morning Post (SCMP) is looking for an Associate Content Director (Strategy and New Business) to join our commercial content team, Morning Studio.
This role will work on the front lines with our sales teams and clients to develop new content pitches, grow client relationships, and communicate the role content can play (especially on the SCMP platform) for brand engagement and awareness.
Ideal candidates for this role will be a one-of-a-kind creative thinker and leader who is passionate about storytelling for advertisers across our platforms. Not only do you bring innovative solutions to our advertising partners, but you have a passion for supporting your reasoning with data and insights.
Successful candidates will have experience as a content strategist and with content creation. You would also have pitching experience and experience working with clients.
In this role, you will:
With and for clients (External)
- Own, develop and articulately convey content strategies through clear and visually compelling pitch decks
- Pitch and develop new content ideas during the sales period, with a strong focus on developing and adhering to an overarching content strategy
- Contribute content strategies and ideas that grow client relationships and win repeat business
- Always work to have a deep understanding of the strategy behind different content platforms, and how a brand can access the right type of audience.
- Work effectively across different teams and different projects from our various offices
- Have their finger on the pulse of new content trends, styles and platforms
- Bring forward a degree of creativity and innovation towards pitches - not afraid to push boundaries and propose new ideas
Within SCMP (Internal)
- Identify and broker the right SCMP products and communities to bring a strategy and content idea to life
- Work with various sales teams to identify and strategically grow new business opportunities
- Identify and lead conversations on thought leadership in the content space to inspire and elevate Morning Studio’s offerings
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in content with a mix of content creation and strategy. Experience as a journalist in a newsroom is a plus.
- Heart of a Journalist, Mind of an Analyst: creating content ideas and innovations that are as good as the numbers and strategy to support it.
- Strong editorial judgment and extensive knowledge of news and current events, entertainment, culture and viral content
- Strong foundation in content strategy or developing strategy in a content environment
- Able to create visually engaging ad eloquent pitch decks with strong writing and editing skills
- Strong skills in developing presentation slides with a narrative / storytelling, as well as strong presentation skills
- Strong understanding and use of data and research to inform a strategy. Understanding of various tools to obtain data (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Trends, Buzzsumo, etc.)
- Experience in understanding how to build engagement, or a willingness to learn about digital distribution and content marketing trends
- Organizational skills that allow for multiple projects to be produced simultaneously.
- Must work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment
- Work well under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to think and plan ahead to identify gaps and opportunities for branded content creation and new businesses / partnerships
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Fluency in spoken and written Mandarin and Cantonese is a bonus.
Work location will be at Singapore office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.