Purpose of the position:
STYLE's website is the South China Morning Post's dedicated portal to the world of luxury, with breaking news and feature articles on fashion, art, tech, food and wine, travel and luxury goods. Readers span across the globe, with top geos include the United States, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. We are looking for a SEO expert to drive the continuous growth of the site, working closely with our editorial team, data team and product team.
In this role, you will:
- Formulate content and technical SEO strategies on a global level, with a strong focus on SEA.
- Provide on-going recommendations to the Editorial team, including weekly trend analysis to help generate fast-turnaround content to catch interest and search spikes
- Conduct technical analysis with the help of the Product team, then closely work with them to deploy relevant measures or changes.
- Deliver regular performance updates to the business to report success. Host weekly stand-up meetings to report progress.
- Work with the Data team to produce relevant dashboards and automation.
- Collaborate with other SEO specialists within the business, share insight and best practices.
- Contract position until 31 March 2023, subject to renewal.
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- At least 2 years of hands-on content and technical SEO experience, preferably from content publishers.
- Knowhow in operating SEO related tools, including Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Google Search Console, Moz, Semrush, Pi Datametrics, etc.
- Knowledge in content management, HTML/CSS and website administration
- Fast learner, able to pick up a new platform and tech in a short time.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively across multiple departments.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Experience in SQL and python is a plus
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.