Purpose of the position:
The SCMP's Culture desk is looking for an experienced reporter to cover K-pop and other areas of Korean popular culture such as fashion and beauty, to be published on www.scmp.com and in our print edition.
- Create spot news and in-depth feature stories on K-pop and South Korean pop culture for the SCMP, including our print, website and social media platforms
- Closely follow breaking news and developments in the K-pop scene and react quickly
- Create occasional content for other SCMP Culture sections such as food, travel, fashion etc
- Establish industry contacts to enhance our coverage
- May need to co-ordinate or host video programs
- Degree holder with minimum 2 to 3 years of reporting experience
- In-depth knowledge of Korean pop culture with sense of creativity
- Proven track record of producing deeply reported enterprise stories
- Outgoing and be able to work independently
- Be agile and dynamic to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Possess an excellent eye for a good story, for detail and be a good team player
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office
Interested parties please send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary to the People Department, 19/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or by clicking firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.