About the team:
This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Associate Director, Brand & Marketing. The Planning team is headed by a Strategy, Insights and Trade Marketing Director.
Purpose of the position:
This role is a core member of the Planning team in SCMP Advertising department, primarily responsible for commercial insights generation to build a powerful narrative to present our brand with a competitive edge in the region - Hong Kong, Singapore and China. This role sits across print and digital, therefore experience in understanding audiences across these is critical.
In addition to being part of the planning team, this role will extend support to the brand and marketing unit in providing insights which will drive brand awareness and partners’ engagement across all touch points - events, marketing collateral, etc.
In this role, you will:
- This role will be responsible for analysing and delivering compelling insights and visualizations that drive advertising investment.
- Support the Strategy, Insights and Trade Marketing Director on larger research initiatives (in partnership with other teams i.e. Audience Growth, PR, Operations) such as content insights, trend reports, and general thought leadership.
- Work closely with the Director in providing insights/data points to support sales and strategic ideas for media plans.
- Consult cross-departmentally with Morning Studio, Ad Operations and Audience Growth to help develop sales materials, newsletters, category sector presentations, etc. from both syndicated and internal sources.
- Own the relationship with research vendors and the data platform, and ensure we are making full use of the various research we subscribe to. During renewal season, evaluate current subscriptions and make recommendations on renewals/new subscriptions with budget in mind.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary and relevant.
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Minimum 4 years of experience, ideally in a media publisher or media agency background.
- Experience with surveys by Ipsos, Kantar, comScore and GWI is highly preferable.
- Have experience with data analysis and insights generation for sales teams
- Familiar with Google Analytics and has strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and communications skills in English. Fluency in written and spoken Chinese is a plus.
- Strong organization skills, an eye for detail with a proven record of successful project and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work harmoniously and effectively within and across teams.
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.