About the Team:
Enterprise Subscriptions team is the knowledge partner to corporations and provides B2B solutions that cover news content, industry-focus research reports and community to help executives and professionals to achieve their business objectives and to make well-informed business decisions. This team contributes to the success of the SCMP revenue goal and the delivery of service excellence to our readers and subscribers.
Purpose of the position:
Offer B2B subscription solutions to Hong Kong and global clients to achieve corporate sales targets. Retain and grow current corporate clients via understanding their changing business needs and offer customised corporate subscription services. Generate new B2B sales leads and convert new corporate clients in Hong Kong and international regions in order to expand SCMP’s corporate subscriptions business. Provide professional and best-in-class client services via on-going nurturing business relationships with key corporate clients.
In this role, you will:
- Retain and expand client base in Hong Kong and international regions to achieve aggressive revenue targets of corporate solution sales.
- Actively reach out to new clients through various offline and online channels or platforms to generate sales leads that lead to sales conversion.
- Explore sponsorship opportunities and pitch to potential clients, helping them to build brand thought leadership and knowledge sharing.
- Manage client activities including calls, sales presentations, sales pipeline and sales solutions, and negotiate on pricing and solution offering with clients in different industry sectors.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients and continue to optimise revenue potential of these key accounts.
- Work across different functions internally to plan, launch, implement and evaluate sales & marketing campaigns and events to promote corporate subscription services offerings, generate sales leads and drive revenue.
- Keep track with key clients’ business needs and requirements and thus, provide input to product, content, and marketing teams to improve future product offerings.
- Provide up-to-dated market information to management for business development planning.
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- BA/BS degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience working in a B2B sales role; existing corporate client networks in the business intelligence or subscription business is a plus.
- Solid sponsorship pitching experience, strong sales technique, sound communication and presentation skills. All rounded interpersonal skills at all levels; able to build strong professional relationships.
- Experience in working independently and delivering sales targets.
- Experience in cross-functional collaborations, both internally and externally.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Cantonese and English.
- Good candidate with more experience would be considered as Senior Business Development Manager.
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.