Purpose of the position:
South China Morning Post (SCMP) is looking for a project manager with publishing and/or events experience to join our commercial content team, Morning Studio. This position will focus on project management and client servicing, with opportunities to manage a portfolio of offline and online content projects from our clients and partners in Hong Kong, Mainland China, and around the world.
SCMP is dedicated to elevating the conversation around Asia and China. Morning Studio works with our advertisers and brands to help develop branded content for our platform.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain good relationships with clients and ensure they receive exceptional service while supporting SCMP’s business and sales goals
- Be the client servicing/project management point of contact and communicate with internal and external partners (including event agency, vendors, and freelancers)
- Create and align project plans and schedules based on the list of deliverables, budgets, and client’s expectations
- Work closely with clients, vendors and internal team to track feedback and schedules to ensure all members of a project team are informed of relevant information necessary to accomplish their role
- Identify and resolve issues with vendors, content and digital operations teams with special attention to uncertainty on next steps, incomplete deliverables/project specs, timeline questions, and communication of project status
- Create reports for online and offline marketing solutions (digital content, event, and bespoke publishing services)
- Manage project budgets and work closely finance and ops teams
- Report into Senior Manager of SCMP’s Morning Studio team
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- University degree holder preferably in Media, Marketing, Communications, Event Management or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 years of media production and client servicing experience in an agency, publisher, or in-house team
- Experience project managing content production, online and offline creative and promotional materials
- Experience with managing workloads of multidisciplinary creative and production teams, and internal/external partners
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence cross-functionally with all levels of management in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin
- Willing to work out of normal office hours according to the schedule of events may be required
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for a junior role
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.